Saturday, January 9, 2010

Little Alwi's Aqiqah Ceremony




Aqiqah literally means cut and this word is often used for the hair of a new born baby that is cut or shaved. Aqiqah is defined as the animal that is slaughtered on the occasion when the hair of a new born is shaved.
Alwi just reach 4 months old, however he looks more like 7 months old and I guess its more of the effect of fully breast-fed. I can classify him under the category of “good baby”- he does not cry unnecessarily but beware when he starts to sneeze……….

Marhaban ladies singing 'words of wisdom' to the little boy





He was dressed in “baju melayu” complete with “songkok” and looks so adorable…….


His mother ordered cookies in the shape of rompers as token to guest. The cookies were 3 inches in size and decorated with royal icing with his name on the cookies. First, I tried to abstain myself from using “girlish” colors, however after the 50th cookies, my mind start to get bored and I can’t resist to use other colors……..yes, pink and other pastel colors…….
 

My schedule was so hectic that week because Alwi’s Aqiqah was shifted to another week and it coincided with my brownies orders. The lady who ordered the brownies keeps on increasing her order until the fifth day before her event. I have to say NO,NO, NO…she tried to persuade me but I have to put my foot down. I need my sleep, sleep…..zzzzzz.
 
Lack of sleep may lead to disaster……..but in the end, all goes well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment